Welcome to the Sprott School of Business at Carleton University!
Sprott is a full-service business school in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – the nation’s capital. We explore complex management issues through our innovative programs, interdisciplinary research and collaborative partnerships. Our activities are aligned along three core strengths: international focus, innovation and responsible management. For more information, please see our Vision and Mission.
The Sprott School of Business is accredited by the Network of International Business Schools (NIBS).
The knowledge to compete
We offer high quality business degree programs at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, as well as a range of professional development programs.
- Bachelor of Commerce: 8 concentrations including entrepreneurship and supply chain management, co-operative education and study abroad options.
- Bachelor of International Business: the only program of its kind in Canada with intensive language training and a mandatory, full year of study abroad.
- Sprott MBA: concentrations in Financial Management, International Business, International Development Management, Management Accounting (CMA), Management and Change, plus the MBA internship program.
- PhD in Management: focused on applied research in an interdisciplinary context to address complex management issues.
- Professional Programs: open enrolment executive and professional development programs and seminars, as well as the Management Development Program for Women.
Intensive research culture
At Sprott, we pride ourselves on our research-intensive culture. The school has been recognized for research performance by the Administrative Sciences Council of Canada in seven of the past nine years.
Sprott Research Centres
- Centre for Information Technology, Organizations, and People
- Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work
- International Business Study Group
- Manufacturing Systems Centre
- Research Centre for Technology Management
- Sprott Centre for Social Enterprises / Centre Sprott pour les entreprises sociales
Sprott by the numbers
Bachelor of Commerce: 1,708
Bachelor of International Business: 329
PhD in Management: 48
Faculty members: 56