Sprott’s PhD in Management can be completed full or part-time. It is the only management doctoral program in Canada offered part-time.
The PhD in Management offers a number of interdisciplinary, issue-focused courses to provide a holistic perspective to defining and solving problems. At the same time students are able to ground their learning and research in selected functional areas.
Our approach involves recognizing the complicated nature of the major issues faced by today’s managers. We teach the skills to solve such problems by taking a system-level view and by drawing resources and ideas from multiple functional areas.
In light of the above, the focus of the PhD in Management is applied fundamental research on complex management problems in an interdisciplinary context.
The Organized Research Units of the Sprott School of Business serve as focal points for key areas of specialization. The ORU’s within the School are:
- Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work
- International Business Study Group
- Manufacturing Systems Centre
- Centre for Information Technology, Organizations, and People
- Research Centre for Technology Management
- Sprott Centre for Social Enterprises
The Sprott School Environment
- Dedicated professors who will mentor you during your program
- Committed Admissions and Program Staff who will advise and assist you in meeting your goals demonstrate the strong service culture within the School
- Small class sizes which promote teamwork and collaboration
- The facilities are constantly undergoing change to keep them modern and up to date
- Whenever possible you will be linked with an ORU or other faculty-based research group
- You are able to gain advanced study in two functional areas of business through course work
- You are offered integrative courses not commonly found in other Ph.D. programs focusing on interconnections between disparate phenomena
- You participate in a seminar series on current management problems involving business and government leaders and academic researchers
We offer you progressive program options including full or part-time study in a variety of areas such as:
- Information Systems
- Production and Operations
Carleton is ranked “first” in Canada for scholarships and bursaries. Generous scholarships as well as Teaching and Research Assistantships are available for qualified students.
Location, Location, Location!
- Carleton University is located in Canada within the Province of Ontario, in vibrant and beautiful Capital City of Ottawa
- Ottawa is the center of the Federal Government with numerous businesses, major Canadian and international government agencies and embassies
- The city is rich in cultural diversity and is home to the world’s longest skating rink (www.city.ottawa.on.ca)
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in Management at Canada’s Capital University within this integrated, challenging and stimulating environment we would like to hear from you!Back to Top